The lower priced sibling of our renowned Touring Edition Exhaust, the Track Edition is made of the same quality 304 stainless, is crafted in house, and delivers the same power gains. The difference comes in the removal of AWE Tuning’s sound-cancelling 180 Technology™ rear-mufflers, which can be found on our Touring Edition Exhaust.
This system will produce a louder tone in the mid range.
Highlights of the S4 3.0T Track Edition Exhaust systems
Hand-crafted, every detail of these exhausts was labored over to ensure maximum performance and longevity:
- + 8hp, +9tq at the crank
- Increased pipe diameter to 2.5” to better let the engine exhale
- Available with Chrome Silver or Diamond Black individually adjustable tips
- Engineered, developed, tested and manufactured in-house
- Thick .065" wall T304 stainless steel tubing
- Stainless steel TIG welds
- High quality stainless steel band clamps
- Optional Downpipes for fine tuning sound volume
- Stainless steel center muffler with OEM-grade stainless steel wool and German composite packing material
- Lifetime Warranty
- Given the removal of the rear-resonators, this system cannot be returned due to sound.
- S-Tronic owners beware: This system will be especially loud at part throttle.
About the downpipes
We offer our Resonated and Non-Resonated Downpipes.
- Our Resonated Downpipes feature resonators larger than the stock units in order to produce a more mellow sound volume.
- Our Non-Resonated Downpipes are suited for owners seeking the loudest we have to offer in the S4 line up.
Both our Resonated and Non-Resonated Downpipes feature larger than stock tubing diameter.
Downpipe + Exhaust packages offer the most cost-effective solution.
Downpipe installation tip
Installing downpipes on these cars is arduous given the placement of the factory bolts. We had so much trouble that we made an AWE Tuning-grade tool to make it easier. If you're planning an install, our Downpipe Removal Tool is a must have.
Upgrading to downpipes later
Not sure if you want to do the full package yet? No worries. If you purchase a Downpipe-Back system alone, you have one full year from the date of Downpipe-Back system purchase to buy the complementing downpipes, for $100 off the price of the downpipes alone. This is for original owners only, and is valid through AWE Tuning directly or through any authorized AWE Tuning dealer, so long as proof of the original Downpipe-Back purchase can be provided.
Ready to upgrade? Click here.
Read this, too
As with all AWE Tuning ® exhaust products, each TIG weld is hand finished internally, and flange openings are size matched to their ports, all to produce the smoothest flow possible. It is this intensive attention to detail that sets AWE Tuning ® exhaust products heads and shoulders above the rest.
Notes: In limited cases, the factory downpipes have been known to emit minor rattling noises when paired with the AWE Tuning S4 exhaust system. The possibility of rattling is eliminated with the addition of AWE Tuning downpipes. AWE Tuning downpipes are package discounted when purchased with the exhaust, or if they are purchased within one year of an exhaust purchase.