The AWE Tuning 3.0T Performance Pulley, coupled with special G.I.A.C. Stage 2 Performance Software will take your 3.0T to the next level – a 488 HP level. S-Tronic owners, please be sure to read the “S-Tronic Notes” section.
The Performance Pulley Suite
The AWE Tuning Stage 2 Performance Pulley suite is as follows:
- AWE Tuning Stage 2 Performance Pulley Kit - Includes AWE Tuning 3.0T Performance Pulley (Pulley, Belt, Related Hardware, no tool) and G.I.A.C. Stage 2 Performance Software, as well as a handheld switcher.
- AWE Tuning Stage 2 Upgrade - Includes AWE Tuning 3.0T Performance Pulley (Pulley, Belt, Related Hardware, no tool) and G.I.A.C. Stage 2 Performance Software for those who already have G.I.A.C. 3.0T Stage 1 Performance Software. Does not include handheld switcher.
- AWE Tuning 3.0T Pulley Removal Tool – Just the tool itself. Pulley and Software not included.
- G.I.A.C. DSG DL501 S-Tronic Software – A highly recommended addition for all S-Tronic equipped cars.
Through use of the smaller-than-stock AWE Tuning 3.0T Performance Pulley, the kit spins the 3.0Ts supercharger faster, creating more boost pressure while staying within the tested parameters of the unit. This increased boost pressure is used in conjunction with G.I.A.C. Stage 2 Performance Software to maximize the potential of the stock Eaton supercharger once coupled with the AWE Tuning 3.0T Performance Pulley.
The stock Audi ECU software directs a valve inside the supercharger to open, then waste (or “bleed off”) additional boost pressure. When the AWE Tuning 3.0T Performance Pulley is added, even more boost is created, as is the potential for even more bleed off. In steps G.I.A.C. Stage 2 Performance Software… preventing bleed off from happening by safely keeping the bypass valve closed, then optimizing ignition timing and air fuel ratios.
The outcome? The AWE Tuning 3.0T Performance Pulley and G.I.A.C. Stage 2 Performance Software work together to ensure that maximum boost is harnessed, redirected and maximized, resulting in efficient and effective use of boost pressure, and safe, reliable, dramatic power increases for your 3.0T.
The Fully Loaded Stage 2 Software
AWE Tuning and G.I.A.C. have worked tirelessly together to produce incredible power with smooth, reliable drivability. G.I.A.C. Stage 2 Performance Software comes with the following files included:
- Pump (91 or 93 octane)
- 100 octane race fuel file
- Valet file
- Handheld Flashloader Included when purchasing full kit (not included with upgrade from stage 1)
All can be switched on the fly with the use of a G.I.A.C. Handheld Flashloader. G.I.A.C. Software cannot be purchased separately from the Performance Pulley.
Important S-Tronic Notes
To maximize power on S-Tronic cars, add the G.I.A.C. DSG DL501 S-Tronic Software, which enhances your S-Tronic equipped 3.0T by supporting higher torque levels, faster shift speeds and higher rev limiters.
Please note: You will need to purchase the DL501 software direct from your G.I.A.C. installer.
G.I.A.C. DL501 software features:
- Shift points raised to 7,200 RPM in sport mode and 7,100 RPM in manual mode
- Optimized torque control for faster, smoother shifting
- Clutch pack clamping pressure raised to support higher torque levels
- Launch Control added to 2010 model S4s
- Launch control set at 4,000 RPM (from 3,000 RPM stock in DSG)
- Torque requests and limits raised
- Remapped sport mode "drive program" with improved ability to hold gears and added overheating protection
Don’t forget the AWE Tuning 3.0T Pulley Removal Tool
The AWE Tuning Pulley Removal Tool is a one of a kind addition to your arsenal, which allows for simple pulley removal. This tool has the length and weight needed to remove your stock pulley easily. It’s branded AWE Tuning, nickel plated, and comes with a lifetime warranty when used correctly with the included anti-seize lubricant. The tool is separate from the AWE Tuning Stage 2 Performance Pulley Kit.
Important fitment notes:
2010 S-Tronic S4/S5 3.0Ts:
In order to go Stage 2 with a 2010 S4, the G.I.A.C. DSG DL501 software must be purchased. Why me, you ask? On some 2010 S4s the stock transmission software in conjunction with the higher power from Stage 2 can bring about unfavorable shifting patterns, gear hunting and shift delays. The G.I.A.C. DSG DL501 S-Tronic Software eliminates the chances of this… and delivers more performance at the same time. A win win.
2011-2012 S-Tronic S4/S5 3.0Ts:
It is strongly recommended that you upgrade your transmission software as well if you are going Stage 2. Similar reasons to the 2010 scenario above.